Equity / Mezzanine
Private EquityIn this field we work with a wide range of funds, which have different focuses. They differ in investment size, philosophy (majority / minority ownership), duration of investment, industry focus, expertise, internationalism and according to company situation: growth, globalization, turnaround, etc.
Private PlacementIn contrast to private equity, when it comes to private placements we also work regularly with private investors and family offices, as well as funds.
The reasons for choosing this solution include transaction size, placement for growth / start-up financing, unavailability or avoidance of bank loans, pre-IPO placement and silent partnership.
In addition, specific industry knowledge and experience as well as appropriate networking can be of importance.
Access to national and international investors is guaranteed.
Mezzanine / HybridsMezzanine or Hybrids are generally understood to be lower ranked loans or loans with an equity element. Financing instruments such as coupons, participation- or debt certificates also fall into this category. The appropriate financing needs to be determined in each case in response to the client's individual requirements and circumstances.
Unlike private equity, participation does not normally come into play and therefore detailed discussion regarding, for example, shareholder rights, is avoided. Mezzanine is subordinated to bank-loans and therefor usually more expensive - somewhere between bank-loan and equity - depending on the situation and structure of the company / transaction.
There are wide variations in international market supply, with both, standardized and individualized products available.
In each case all options to design the solution and tailor it to the company's specific situation have to be considered.
In addition, we have access to a wide network of Business Angels specializing in early-stage financing as well as national and international venture capital companies. Our foremost experience lies in helping start-ups and SMEs from the Software / IT, High Tech, Media, Automotive and Mechanical Engineering industries. We guide founders and management throughout, starting with the development of the business model and preparation of all documentation, then through each stage in the search for investors, and finally ending in successful financing. Our strengths lie in our excellent knowledge of our core industries, our investor-targeted presentation of business models and our intensive coaching.
- Corporate financing: Venture Capital, Business Angels, Subsidies, Innovation financing
- Strategic orientation and business model
- Business initiation / founding and development
- Coaching, supervisory and advisory seats
- Strategic partnerships with established companies in specific target industries
Credit / Loan Facility
When selecting and recommending debt financing, we take a prudent business approach by only considering partners that are suitable for the individual project and its associated risk.
In addition to our networks covering equity capital, we also have numerous relationships with credit suppliers, banks and institutional buyers / investors.
Commercial Real Estate / Infrastructure
Sale & Lease / Rent Back
- High valuation of illiquid assets: no deductions / 100% payout at market value
- Attractive long-term financing with buy back option
- Deal "off balance", enabling improvement on balance sheet, which in turn leads to better rating and better financing
- Rent is completely deductible (when compared to the traditional sale & lease back process)
- Flexible use of proceeds: redemption / replacement of liabilities / bank loans, growth / restructuring financing or release of dividends
- Simple process, fast access to long-term capital, no drawn-out approval procedures
- Long-term partner with experience in industrial environment and cyclical business processes
- Increase in enterprise value and entrepreneurial independence